Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Rest Time: 4 h 5 mins
Total Time: 1 h 20 mins
View Recipe Gallery
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 243, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 441mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 8g, Carbs: 22g, Sugars: 4g, Cholesterol: 42mg, Protein: 18gExchanges: Vegetable: 1, Starch: 1, Lean Meat: 2, Fat: 1 Carb. Choices: 1.5
8 ounce(s) chicken, breast, boneless, skinless
2/3 cup(s) broth, reduced-sodium chicken
1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
4 cup(s) spinach
2 tablespoon scallion(s) (green onions), thinly sliced
8 ounce(s) sour cream, light or fat-free
1/4 cup(s) yogurt, low-fat plain
2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
1 can(s) pepper(s), green chile, 4 ounces
6 Whole grain tortilla(s), flour, 7- or 8-inch
1/2 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, reduced-fat
tomato(es), chopped or salsa (optional)
1. In a large skillet, combine chicken, chicken broth, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain well. When cool enough to handle, use 2 forks to shred chicken into bite-size pieces. (You should have about 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken.) Set aside.
2. If using fresh spinach, place spinach in a steamer basket over boiling water. Reduce heat. Cover and stem for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. (Or in a covered medium saucepan, cook fresh spinach in a small amount of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.) Drain well.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, and the 2 tablespoons green onion; set aside. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin, and salt. Stir in milk and chile peppers. Divide sauce in half. Spoon one portion into a storage container; cover.
4. For filling, combine remaining portion of the sauce and the chicken-spinach mixture. Divide the filling among the tortillas. Roll up tortillas. Place, seam sides down, in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
5. Cover baking dish with foil. Chill baking dish and sauce in storage container for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
6. To serve, preheat oven to 350°F. Spoon sauce from storage container over tortillas. Bake casserole, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with chopped tomato or salsa, green onions, and cilantro.
View Recipe Gallery