Have Questions? Call us Toll Free

Call Our Office | From the U.S. & Canada: 1-888-223-4046
Speak to a Patient Facilitator | From the U.S. & Canada: 1-888-283-6845

Passport Requirements for Travel to Mexico

We make traveling to Dr. Kuri’s office at Hospital Angeles in Mexico and back to the US easy for you – all you have to do is have the necessary identification to cross the US/Mexico Border.
Below is a summary of all the details you need to know. If at any time you have a question or require help, simply call your Patient Facilitator – her job is to help you with every detail along your journey! You may contact her by calling our Main Office at 1-888-223-4046. On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.
Children: U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 will be able to present the original or copy of their birth certificate or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.
Getting your Passport is Easy!
Read below to find out how to get your Passport, or go to the Department of State’s website. Once you click on the link, you must decide if you need to apply in person or if you can submit a renewal through the mail. Click on the appropriate link and follow the instructions. Below is further information to help explain what you will need to do. Remember, we are here to help. Please contact your Patient Facilitator if any questions arise
What do I need to Apply in Person?
Evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11. All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you. These documents will be delivered with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing. Accepted forms of U.S. citizenship are:
  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
  • Current Military ID (military and dependents)
Find the Nearest Passport Location:
Over the last year, many United States Post Offices now issue passports. Visit your local USPS office, or search online for the nearest passport location. Click on the link below, to search for the closest UPSP office that processes passports in your area. http://www.usps.com/passport/
You have Options – Passport or Passport Card?
When applying for a passport, you can opt for a passport card instead. The terms and fees differ between passports and passport cards. Read the below information to see which is the best option for your travels.
Get Your Passport Quick and on Time:
To guarantee you receive your passport on time, please start your process as soon as possible. Here are the estimated processing times:
In Person: Please allow approximately 1 month for your routine application to be processed and an additional week for delivery
By Mail: Please allow up to 3 weeks processing time and an additional week for delivery
Important Passport Facts
A passport is required to travel to and from Mexico and the United States starting June 1, 2009. Many United States Post Offices now process passports. Visit your local USPS office, or search online for the nearest passport location in your area. Allow approximately 1 month for your routine application to be processed and about a week for delivery. 1st time passports MUST be submitted in person. Renewing a passport can be done though mail.