This menu is a little lower in calories than most of the menus. If you get hungry, add an extra roast beef wrap at lunch, more oil in preparing the eggs or dinner greens, etc.
* Broccoli-Cheese Frittata, made with ½ cup cooked broccoli and 1/3 c low fat cheese per serving – or make and omelet with the ingredients, or just scramble them all together. If doing it as part of a frittata, I counted 1 teaspoon olive oil – you would probably add more oil and calories if cooking the ingredients separately
* 2 slices Canadian bacon – can be chopped up as part of the egg dish if you want
* Rainbow Soup – make Rainbow Soup, adding a can of beans
* 2 Roast Beef Wraps, made with 2 slices lean roast beef, 2 lettuce leaves, 1 tbs. mayo, and ½ cup roasted red peppers. Can substitute low carb. ketchup for the peppers, for 1 less gram carb. and less nutrients.
* 15 whole almonds
* 1 cup cooked greens, such as spinach, made by sautéing with 1 clove garlic and 1 tbs. olive oil
Optional Dessert: Sugar-free gelatin
Nutritional Analysis: 30 grams effective carbohydrate, plus 22 grams fiber, 110 grams protein, and 1400 calories.
Note: Calories can vary by adding and subtracting protein and fat, or, if your particular carbohydrate needs vary from this. Menus has all essential vitamins and minerals except for calcium and Vitamin D.