This menu would be good for most low carb diets beyond an ultra-low carb phase. It has 45 grams effective carbohydrate and 27 grams of fiber.
* Breakfast Burrito: 2 eggs scrambled in 2 teaspoons oil or butter, 1 oz ham, 1 low carb tortilla (these vary, but one popular brand has 5 grams of usable carbohydrate and 7 grams fiber)
* Cantaloupe Wedge: 1/8 of medium melon
* A large salad, with, for example, 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup raw mushrooms, ½ cup chopped red pepper, ¼ cup shredded carrot, and ¼ cup chopped broccoli
* 4 oz cooked chicken meat
* 2 Tablespoons sugar-free Italian-type dressing
* 1/2 cup cottage cheese
* ½ cup sugar-free canned peaches, such as Carb Clever or rinse peaches canned in juice very well.
* Optional low carb dessert, if you have carbs left. some, like the low carb Miracle brownies, are just one carb each.
Nutritional Analysis: This menu provides 45 grams effective carbohydrate plus 27 grams fiber, 102 grams protein, and 1500 calories.
Note: Calories can vary by adding and subtracting protein and fat or, if your particular carbohydrate needs vary from this. Menus has all essential vitamins and minerals except for calcium and Vitamin D.