Currently listing 739 recipes in 39 categories!Latest Recipes
This particular glazed carrots recipe comes together pretty quickly by using packaged baby carrots. You can cut time even further by boiling the carrots the day before and storing them in a airtight container in the fridge. Then, simply pull them out just before you are ready to use them, and these glazed carrots will have make an accompaniment for your meal in minutes.
* 1 16-oz. package baby carrots
* 1 Tbsp butter, or non-trans fat stick margarine (such as Smart Balance)
* 1/3 cup apple juice
* 1 Tbsp brown sugar
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1 Tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
1. Place the carrots in a large pot, and add enough water to cover them. Place over medium-high heat, and bring them to a boil. Then, reduce the heat and simmer until they are nice and tender, about 20 minutes. Drain off the cooking liquid.
2. When the carrots have about 5 minutes left, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apple juice, brown sugar, and salt and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the carrots, and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, until the carrots are glazed and well coated.
3. Lightly toss the carrots with the parsley before serving.
Per Serving Calories 68
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!