Currently listing 739 recipes in 39 categories!Latest Recipes
Are you having trouble drinking all the water you think you should? Sometimes plain old water gets boring, and adding some flavoring can help you drink more. You can buy flavored water, of course, but I think it's one of the most overpriced things in the store. Here are some ideas for drinking fluids that don't include adding a bunch of sugar, or cost a bunch of money.
If you want to stay away from artificial additives and caffeine, you can add some flavor to your water the natural way with:
* A twist of lemon or lime (or a little juice)
* A small piece of fruit
* A little unsweetened cranberry concentrate (look in health food stores)
* A slice of cucumber (subtle, but refreshing)
* A mint leaf or two ("bruise" them a little to release the flavor)
* A lavender flower or other edible flower
* Herbal tea bags
On the Sweeter Side
If you don't mind some artificial sweetener or other additives, try adding:
* A little diet cranberry juice (not "light", but "diet" -- the light kind has more sugar)
* Crystal Light, Unsweetened Kool-Aid, or other sugar-free drink mix (but check carefully for hidden carbs in some)
* Make a limeade or lemonade by adding some juice (1 gram of carb per tablespoon) and sweetener
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!