Currently listing 739 recipes in 39 categories!Latest Recipes
Roasting asparagus may be the absolute easiest way to cook it. Just turn on the oven, put the asparagus in a pan, and 15 minutes later you have tender, grassy asparagus ready to eat. You can roast as much as you can fit in a single layer in a pan or baking sheet, so it's perfect to make for a crowd (especially since it's just as delicious at room temperature).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
* 1 bunch asparagus (or more, as you like)
* Olive oil
* Lemon zest or juice (optional but delicious)
1. Heat oven to 400. While oven heats, trim asparagus. You can either break off the tough ends where they naturally snap when you grab both ends of an asparagus spear and bend it, or, for a more elegant presentation, you can trim off any dried part at the end of each spear and peel the spears. Lay the asparagus spears in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake asparagus until tender and starting to brown at the tips, about 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with freshly grated lemon zest or squirt with fresh lemon juice, if you like. If you have a Meyer lemon, its floral aroma pairs particularly well with asparagus. Serve Roasted Asparagus warm or at room temperature.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!