Dr. Pedro Kuri
A pioneer of the Lap-Band System in Latin America, has performed over 5,000 procedures in the last 12 years as a respected specialist in his field.
Having one of the warmest bedside manners of any surgeon, Dr. Kuri is widely known for the loving care he provides his patients. He believes in the Lap Band procedure, in his patients, and is dedicated to their success.
- Specialized in Surgery at National Medical Center, Mexico City in 1981
- General Surgeon at Tijuana Baja California Hospital No.20 1981-1984
- Chairman of Surgery at Tijuana General Hospital from 1982-1991
- Chairman of the Division of Surgery Tijuana General Hospital 1986-1992
- Laparoscopic Surgeon specializing in the Lap-Band procedure 1998 – Present
- Graduate of National University of Mexico School of Medicine 1970 – 1975
- Introduction to Medical Specialty Hospital No.25 Social Security Mexican Institute 1977-1978
- Board Certified as a General Surgeon in 1975
- Residency in General Surgery at the General Hospital National Medical Center Mexico City 1978-1981
- Trained in BioEnterics Lap-Band Procedure by Dr. Mitiku Belachew and Dr. Armando Castillo in 1998
- Senior Professor at University of Baja California University School of Medicine 1983-2000
- Sinodal of final examination for the School of Medicine Baja California University 1983-2000
- Professor of Post Graduate Surgery Specialty Tijuana General Hospital 1986-1992