Lap Band Surgery ® is a minimally invasive, adjustable and reversible weight loss solution
Obesity is a serious disease affecting millions of people around the world. It is often associated with other life-threatening conditions such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and heart-related illnesses that can be improved with sufficient weight loss. * Results may vary.
The adjustable gastric band is the top weight loss surgical procedure used by surgeons to treat severe obesity:
- The surgical procedure is minimally invasive.
- Gastric banding informationGastric banding surgery has fewer risks and side effects than other obesity surgeries.
- Gastric banding informationGastric banding effectively provides long term weight loss.
- Gastric banding surgery is approved by the FDA as a surgical treatment for obesity.
- Gastric banding informationGastric banding is the only weight loss treatment that is adjustable and reversible.
- Gastric banding informationYou can have your gastric band filled at numerous band fill locations throughout the country.
With gastric banding, surgeons don’t cut, staple, or bypass any portions of the stomach or intestines, as is done with other weight-loss surgeries. The band is surgically placed around the upper part of the stomach, forming a small gastric pouch to limit food intake. This causes a sensation of fullness that lasts.
Adjustable Gastric Banding Surgery
Gastric banding with lap band surgery is unique in that the band’s size can be adjusted to help you eat less and lose weight faster.The band is held in place by minimal stitching and is connected by tubing to a port located under the skin below the rib cage. After gastric banding surgery, the inner surface of the band is inflated or deflated with saline solution to help drive the rate of weight loss. This fill level can be adjusted through the port access as needed.
Gastric Banding Surgery is Minimally Invasive
Gastric banding surgery has fewer risks and side effects than other obesity surgeries, is adjustable to meet a patient’s individual weight loss needs, and is effective in providing long term weight loss. Additionally, the procedure is reversible; the band can be removed at any time. * Results may vary.
Take Control of Your Weight and Your Life Today with Gastric Banding Surgery
Find out more about this minimally invasive procedure that can help you improve your health, reduce your risk of developing associated medical conditions, and enhance the quality of your life. Submit a new inquiry form or contact us today.