I’ve had requests for menus that don’t require cooking. You don’t need to go near a stove or even a microwave for this one, and you can even have a “drive-through lunch”. Of course, that means it’s a cold menu – good for when you’re on the run.
* 1/2cup All Bran Cereal with Extra Fiber with
* 1/2 cup milk
* 3/4 cup strawberries
* 3 tbs. sliced almonds
* Drive to Wendy’s or El pollo Loco, Order 2 Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwiches (or two chicken breast if you are at El Pollo loco) and a Caesar’s Salad. Throw away the buns and croutons. Most fast food places now have similar options.
* 3 large mushrooms, each with 1 tbs. of cream cheese-based cheese spread
* Chicken Club Wraps: Wrap the following divided between 3 large lettuce leaves. You can use low carb tortillas, but adjust the carb and fiber counts.
* 4 oz cooked chicken from deli (I get the whole roasted chickens)
* 1/2 cup sliced red pepper
* 1 plum tomato, sliced
* 1/2 avocado
* 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
* Dessert: Raspberry Vanilla Cream – don’t worry, you can blend it up in 5 minutes
Nutritional Analysis: Total carb count is 33 grams effective carbohydrate plus 25 grams fiber, 120 grams protein, and 1567 calories.
Note: Calories can vary by adding and subtracting protein and fat, or, if your particular carbohydrate needs vary from this. Menu has all essential vitamins and minerals except for calcium and Vitamin D.