* 2 eggs cooked as you like them
* 2 slices Canadian bacon
* 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
* 2 cups Low Carb Cole Slaw mixed with 1 cup cooked chicken
* 1/3 cup chopped apple
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Snack (morning, afternoon, or evening)
* 1/2 cup plain, strained yogurt with cultures, flavored with sugar-free syrup such as Da Vinci’s
* 1 ½ Tablespoon flax seed meal
* 4 oz lean beef such as London Broil
* 1 cup mushrooms, sautéed in olive oil
* 6 medium asparagus spears
* Simply Scrumptious Spinach, or spinach salad made with 3 cups spinach and olive oil dressing or another cup of Cole slaw
Nutritional Analysis: 40 grams effective carbohydrate, plus 20 grams fiber, 127 grams protein, and about 1700 calories. To lower carb count for very low carb diet phases, or make appropriate for South Beach Phase One, eliminate fruit, which subtracts 13 grams effective carbohydrate and 4 grams fiber.
Note: Calories can be vary by adding and subtracting protein and fat, or, if your particular carbohydrate needs vary from this. Menu has all essential vitamins and minerals except for calcium and Vitamin D.