With just a few items from you kitchen you can whisk up this quick and easy basic Vinaigrette in just minutes. You can experiment by trying different flavored vinegars.
This recipe is used in Smart Start Menu – #2
View Recipe Gallery
1 bulb garlic, separated and peeled
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp honey
1 Tbsp virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Place the garlic cloves into a small saucepan and pour enough water (about 1/2 cup) to cover them.
2. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Reduce the liquid to 2 Tbsp and increase the heat for 3 minutes.
4. Pour the contents into a small sieve over a bowl, and with a wooden spoon, mash the garlic through the sieve into the bowl.
5. Whisk the vinegar into the garlic mixture; incorporate the oil and seasoning.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp Per Serving:
Total Fat 3g.
Saturated Fat 1g.